Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Newb...1st post

Newb...1st post 7 years 3 months ago #10405

Hi all I wanted to drop my first post and say hi!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Newb...1st post 7 years 3 months ago #10407

• 4Checker
  • Admin
Welcome aboard, Newbie.

Colorado is one of the places I most want to visit to play golf. What are your favorite courses around Denver and up in the mountains?

Re: Newb...1st post 7 years 3 months ago #10410

There are a lot of great courses in the Denver area. Personally when I travel (which I do a lot) I like to find/play courses with history and or where PGA/USGA events have been played. All that said you would be hard pressed to play Cherry Hills Country Club(former US Open site) or the Colorado Golf Club (2010 Senior PGA). Because both are private and impossible for the common folk to get on! That said if you stay and play down at the Broadmoor in Colo. Springs (Senior US Open 2008 & LPGA Open have been played here). However there are some really nice courses designed by the best of the best here in the state. One thing I warn everyone I know about is the cost in Colorado is very $$$. Your run of the mill muni's still run you $45-60 plus cart in most cases. If you plan a trip out here let me know I can get you on my home course (Highlands Ranch) designed by Hale Irwin for about $30 as a guest. If you go up in the mountains and want to spend $150+ play Greg Norman(& Fazio) designed Red Sky Ranch. Its a great course and very scenic.

Re: Newb...1st post 7 years 3 months ago #10408

• Tony
  • Admin
I've played some golf in Colorado.

Red Hawk Ridge
Fossil Trace
Pradera

But by far the best was Ballyneal.

Welcome to TGS FaurwaysNGreen. Hope you enjoy the site and the great community we have. Help us out and tell all your friends to sign up!

Re: Newb...1st post 7 years 3 months ago #10411

Yeah I have played all 4. Fossil Trace was the most fun IMHO.

I see you are from Utah... I used to live at the mouth of Little Cottonwood canyon in Sandy. I have played just about everything in the state atleast once. I gotta say I love Utah golf.

Re: Newb...1st post 7 years 3 months ago #10409

• 4Checker
  • Admin
Those are some great looking courses. Fossil Trace in particular is absolutely stunning.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by 4Checker.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds